Friday 30 November 2007

I am Thinking of Hibernating.....

Whew, what a busy day...... cannot believe how things just get worse and worse... had a not too bad morning Christmas Shopping (well I sat in front of my computer and shopped), no hassle, no stress, and now have most things ordered and bought, christmas cards all made.... but then things started to go wrong, sent DD 2 to go get DH's christmas present for me, all ordered etc, just needed picking up, so she went to do this, I went on the school run, extra child today as DD 5 is having a friend over to stay tonight, so went shopping for extra food, and midnight snack type stuff. then the small school have disco's tonight, so need to get them ready for 4.45pm. Then at 4pm just after I get home from school run, DH rings, his car wont start, problem he is about 30 miles away, listen he says, it is turning over but wont start.... now ask me about a petrol engine, I can have a good old go at determining what is wrong, but give me diesel, and if the battery is turning over and the glow plug light goes out I am stumped... okay I says, try checking fuse to fuel pump, but whilst fiddling with fuses he manages to start car..... hallelujah, but no within 10 minutes he is on phone, all his lights have failed, no indicators, brake lights, nothing, but the car is still running, he has people flashing as he has no lights, so I tell him to park up at the nearest station and catch a train to the nearest station which is about 10 miles away... luckily he outside the station and does this, so children need to be at disco for 4.45, dh needs picking up 10 miles away, dd3 is still at Uni, DD2 needs to start work at 5, so manage to persuade DD2 to take the kids to disco, and get my neighbour to sit with remaining children, then DD3 turns up early from uni and comes with me for the trek to the station. We arrive home at the time the children need picking up from the disco at 6pm.... finally we are home and have dinner in front of us..... think we need a bottle of wine, and then DH can walk round to the school at 9.15 to pick up DS 3 from his disco. PHEW


Only one card to show you tonight....


I used my new nestabilities on this card, and my other 3 packs have turned up today, just haven't had the time to use them. Am also waiting on some new Magnolia stamps.... and a concave punch, which have been dispatched to me today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow...
off now, the wine is calling, have a good evening all xx

1 comment:

Lisa said...

A really pretty card, love the ovals - do you get yours to emboss too, can't tell from the photo.