Thursday 3 January 2008

Oooops how bad am I????

Okay, so I haven't blogged since way before Christmas, but a good Christmas was had by all.... and plenty of money spent after the occasion too as I am now on a serious money diet as we hope to make a big dent in our credit card balances over the next year.... but I am the proud owner of a new camera.... a canon 40d and I am now waiting on a new lens for it too which I am hoping will arrive today as it was dispatched on Monday, but I have noticed that RM haven't improved at all since Christmas, so will probably take them until Easter to catch up!!



I have one scrapbook kit subscription from US, and have decided that I will continue to receive it, but that I will cancel add-on kits if I dont like them (stamps and embellishments) to save even a tiny bit of money, instead of getting them in the hope that I will use them. I also cancelled the bazzill add-on as I have loads of it anyway, and it makes the postage much higher too. You would also not believe how much stash I have here, and it really does need using up. I hope to do at least 1 SLO a week, and as it is DD3s 21st in October, I thought ahead and have bought an album (waiting to arrive, ordered before new year) in preparation as they have had their major presents on their 18th and a scrapbook of their lives on 21st. I also want to make a mini-album of last year for the MIL (she lives in Australia) as we tend to hardly ever send them photographs, and to enclose a DVD of the children in the album too. Day after boxing day for the first time everw e contacted them via skype on the computer and had a webcam talk with them, unfortunately this is when we found out that our computer didn't have a built in microphone so we had to talk to them on the phone at the same time... we have now purchased our own mic.



Have done no scrapping apart from 11 thank you cards that are all the same, over the holiday, as dont like to scrap when everyone is here, like to spend time with everyone, so as from Monday, will be scrapping with a vengeance...



Whooo hooo 2 of my parcels have turned up, I now have all the Tim Holtz tins and apart from the alcohol inks one where I cannot find another 7 colours that I dont have, I have a full tin of paint dabbers and a full tin of distress ink pads.... he he and tons of grungeboard!!! My resolution this year is learn to use all my Tim Holtz stuff properly.... I also want to get into digi scrapping, but only so that I can make my own papers and print them off instead of buying loads....

Here is my thank you card:-






For Christmas I got some gorgeous canvas portraits of my children from DD3, her friend has painted them for me and DH there are a few missing still as he never had time to paint them all, but here is a piccy of the ones I have so far....





Also for Christmas from DH I got a trip to Marrakesh later this month, so my new camera will be ideal for taking photos of the wonderful people and colours associated with this place.

We are also off to the Theatre and a meal beforehand at a Thai restaurant next week in London, we are off to see TinTin on stage, a present I bought for DH for Christmas.


Here is a card I made for DS2s birthday last week using my new Tim Holtz stuff:-


Silly me tho, bought some duplicate Tim Holtz stamps (one of them was this saying on the card above), so will be sorting my stuff and selling them soon....
Have a good day all xx

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Lovely cards Linda and them portraits are great.

Clair Matthews said...

I love the canvas paintings,brilliant pressie...what a lucky lady you are! xxx