Friday 29 February 2008

Things are hotting up......

So only 2 weeks today until DDs wedding, things are getting even busier. She decided to ask me this week what she should do for a bouquet.... argh!!! So went on e-bay and found the perfect one, e-mailed the lady to ask if it would be ready in time, but luckily she was willing to sell the already made one to us as long as we didn't want it changed and we didn't.... I also asked if she could do 3 buttonholes as this is what is required, and she agreed to that. They turned up next day.... hows that for service... so another to do crossed off the list. On to the favours, she had no idea what she wanted, so we ended up picking some little love hearts and heart shaped jelly beans, now I just need to make and decorate 63 boxes. Have cut out and stuck names on 63 place cards, need to make some decorations for them now, but have been very busy finishing my card orders, plus a birthday card for a boy whose party all the children are going to tomorrow, and a Mother's day card for my mum who arrives back today from a three week holiday in Portugal.... It was also DDs Hen Night last night, and we did the normal embarrass her type thing, we made her wear a pink fluffy cowboy hat with flashing lights, a sash saying Bride to Be and some L plates, although we did join in with pink fluffy and silver tiaras... and a nice Girls Night Out flashy sign on our table. Considering that DD is now 30 weeks pregnant and started the week off in Hospital we had a not too alcohol fuelled Hen party starting with a meal at Wetherspoons. I think a good time was had by all!!



Here are some of the cards I made for the first card order..... some were inspired by some card magazines I have bought lately and some were closely copied (only one I think), but cannot remember who to credit them too, so if you recognise any of these cards, please let me know who you are and I will credit them to you.




Here goes....





Other news for the week, I have just got a new puppy to join our cocker spaniel (3 years) and pug (1 year), it is a great dane puppy (yes I am mad) and she is absolutely gorgeous, unfortunately she doesn't have little accidents in the house.... they are totally ginormous. She has just about managed to make two sets of stairs to my bedroom now, although I have to struggle down stairs carrying her as her legs just go in all directions. She is desperate to please tho and I have managed to train her to sit, so hopefully the rest will follow quickly. We are not letting her jump up, we are petting her if she sits as one day she will knock us flying if she was to jump up at us, so trying to set good rules whilst she is young.

My mothers day present turned up today, a cross trainer, but it is a nightmare putting it together, have got DD doing that at the moment, but will need to go help her before I go to work. Joined weightwatchers a week and a half ago and at this weeks weigh in had lost 7lb, so really pleased, although I did blow it at the hen night last night, but back on track today.

Have a good weekend all.... xx

3 comments:

angeljakki said...

Wow linda, It seems I'm not the only one that has a hectic life.

Some lovely cards there. Puppies they are great. My last one is 10mths old and she is a gwp. She brings everything to use and she has given a designer look to most of our clothes (little holes from her puppy teeth.

Enjoy and remember they do calm down by 18mths.

Charlie said...

Sounds like a more than busy time right now - but weddings are nice aren't they - and we do somehow survive to tell afterwards =0)

Can't wait to see the stuff you have made for DD's special day.

Inspiration Alley said...

Your cards are beautiful. Good thing my husband doesn't look at blogs though, he's desperate for a puppy and yours will definitely appeal to him.