Friday 1 February 2008

As Promised, Long Post......

Okay all, sorry I haven't posted for so long, but have been really busy, and set to making a mini book on my trip to Barcelona (in January 2007, so long overdue)... it was made using 7 Gypsies zanzibar papers and clip, brads rub-ons etc. This has taken me a while to complete in between all my other chores. Here it is...




Yes excuse DH for washing his feet in the bidet!!



Luckily I had nearly finished this book when DD2 announced she is getting married on 14th March, and would I make the invites... what could I say, I had made DS1s invites a couple of years ago, so I set too making one that they could alter and guess what, they loved it, so have just finished them, I also took the photograph of them used in the Wedding Invite, here they are, I made everything myself including the heart embellishment, I sat for ages twirling the wire.



And the evening one I made which is a slightly slimmed down version....




So far this year, I have almost stuck to my anything diet... I must not buy anything and must concentrate on paying off our visa card... well I haven't quite succeeded, but spent far less this month than I would normally done, and on quite a few occassions have added bits to my basket, then shut the page completely without ordering it. Not sure I will be that good once the new Magnolia stamps arrive at either http://www.sillymonkey.co.uk/ or http://www.funkykits.co.uk/. Unfortunately DHs car tax needed renewing in January so that cost £180 and I think mine may be due this month... so all in all fighting a losing battle with money!!


DS1 told me last week, guess what?? I hate guessing so got him to tell me that they were on their way back from buying a flat... good on them. This is their first place as they have been renting now for a few years, so I am really excited for them. They got a good deal on a mortgage by using our financial advisor and they said they really made him work for his money, but in future when their fixed rate runs out, he will find them new mortgages for free, this is what he does for us every couple of years!!


Went to see Sweeney Todd on Wednesday evening... I really loved it, so much so that I made DD3 go watch it last night so that I could discuss it with her, she also loved it... I guess being avid Johnny Depp fans did help!! Quite a surprise for me at the end as I didn't know the story of Sweeney Todd before seeing this, and seeing Sacha Baron Cohen in it was quite amusing too!!


Went Geo-caching again last weekend and finally found the one that has had us stumped for a couple of weeks, and can you believe it, a fellow UK Scrappers member beat me to it... and left a message for me!!! DOH!! Have now managed to find a pair of wellies to fit round my fat calves and so can now do caches that involve stomping in puddles!!! he he he Also managed to get a programme called CacheMagnet to work with my ipod, it logs all the notes etc and saves me a fortune in printing out the caches we are going to visit. If you are bored and dont know what to do with your kids during weekends and holidays, you could well enjoy geocaching, doesn't cost much other than the initial outlay for a GPS. Visit this site to find out more... http://www.geocaching.com/.


I had my hair cut yesterday, after a few weeks of being really fed up with it and hating it, but not quite getting round to having it cut, I succumbed to vanity yesterday and had it done. I am really pleased with it and it took less time to wash and dry this morning, so double bonus.


Right, off to think about making my Sugar Nellie card for the DT... check out the webpage http://sweetsugarchallenges.blogspot.com/. The first challenge as I have said before, goes live Monday evening, and new challenges will be posted every 2 weeks.


I get a monthly scrapbooking kit from US, and this months looks super scrummy.... I just love receiving kits with lots of different papers and embellishments to match too... http://www.scrap-room.com/, they also have add on clubs, a stamp club, embellishment club and bazzill card club, plus special offer kits most months too, which I am trying my hardest to resist.


No snow here yet, just nice brilliant sunshine, although it is a bit cold.... have a good day all wherever you are. xx

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Well what can I say other than I am exhausted after reading that post LOL. No seriously absolutely great mini book and stunning wedding invites.