Tuesday 12 February 2008

Busy Weekend...

Been busy as usual, the older children started their half term on Friday, worked Friday and Saturday night, and did the usual geocaching Sunday. We did a geocache on the site of the Rettendon Murders (the film Essex Boys is based around this story) and whilst looking for the cache, some very scary people walked down the muddy track towards us, we quickly logged our find and left, think they may have been relatives of those shot dead at that site. Also did 3 others, not sure how we always end up in the woods after dark, but it is great fun!!

Made a card on Saturday...



this is for my order of 12 that I have each month... and good news this ladies friend also wants 12 cards a month, so this will keep me busy, now maybe I will have to stop chatting so much on UKS.


DDs nearly sister-in-law had her baby on Sunday, a boy like they had been told it was, so I had to make a card for this event too..


I have now started a list on all the things I need to make, each day I rub some of the things out, but then I remember others so add more... lol I think it is a never ending list.

Spent most of today making DHs valentine card, not sure if he reads my blog, so cannot post a photo until after Thursday... watch this space, clue:- it is not your usual run of the mill Valentine card.

My car went into the garage today, has been playing up for weeks and at one time we did think DH had fixed it, but unfortunately not. Bad news, it is probably the turbo and it could have an electrical fault, the garage which it was at do not do "electrical" so it needed to go somewhere about 15 miles away. I could take it but I had no way of getting home, plus all the children are at home, so could have got there, but we wouldn't have all fitted in anyones car to get home, except my Mum's car, and she is in Portugal for 3 weeks.... at least it is half term and I dont really need the car. It cost £50 just to take the car to Colchester on the back of a low loader, and I still have to pick it up from there once it is fixed.... "electrical" sounds expensive to me, but I really need a car as we live out in the sticks!! Bus fairs for the older children to go to school is £3.50 return, so that would cost me £50 a week just for the children to get to school!!

Have received some of the items I have ordered, I ordered a lot of the K&Co Saffron range as I want to make a mini book of Marrakech using those papers, just waiting for Artymiss to deliver my order, ordered it last Wednesday and it still hasn't arrived, the only one of many not to turn up. Blonde Moments extra thick embossing powder turned up today, bought some new dies from e-bay and some of the We R Memory Keepers Designer eyelets and snaps, been meaning of buy these for a while. Also ordered some little handles for my mini albums, some magnetic clasps, and my new Tim Holtz rubber stamp tin in which now live my stamps... just loving these Tim Holtz tins, and it seemed a waste just buying the tin, so bought some more Tim Holtz stamps too... Oh yeah, mustnt forget my new star Nestabilities too, love those dies!! Oh yeah not forgetting the 6 Colorbox fluid chalk cats eyes stackers.

Right off to cook our dinner, have a good evening all xx

3 comments:

Gemma said...

Love your cards, I can see why they are in such demand.

Lisa said...

Great cards and great news on the new order. You have brought so much new stash lately - diet completely out of the window, well there is always next month LOL! Hope the car is OK and not too expensive to fix.

Charlie said...

No wonder you get orders for you cards - they are lovely. Neverending "to-do"list - tell me about it - been there - still doing that. =0) THanks for visiting and for your nice comments - butterflies on my DD's card are from the Sizzix Sizzlits set Bugs.