Monday 10 December 2007

Been Very Busy (as usual).......

Well have been working non-stop since I last blogged, but not much crafty stuff I am afraid. Friday I was desperately trying to finish off my Christmas cards (which I forgot to photograph).. Saturday I woke up and decided to envoke the spirit of Christmas into our household, so DH had to lay carpet on our 2 sets of stairs, then laminate the middle hall.... so I dragged the children off to buy some new Christmas decorations. We spent ages in town in the lovely wet windy weather and came home with a nice selection (well they should have been they cost a fortune), but once home we realised we didn't have any drawing pins. DS1 came to the rescue and brought us some round and we decorated our lounge, not overdecorated, just the right amount, but we haven't got round to putting up our tree yet. We did buy a 2 foot tree for our hall and some small decorations so that is up, but the hall is also not yet decorated. Carpeting and laminating took longer than expected (now there's a surprise, why does that always happen to us) and wasn't finished on Saturday. I did manage to write my Christmas cards though, so that was another thing ticked off my list. Sunday, we went to church, then helped DD2 move into her new place with her OH, so off to Focus to buy them a double bed, then back and fourth a couple of time with all her stuff. After we had finished and DH had finished laying the second lot of stair carpet, off we went to their flat to have KFC..... lovely picnic on the floor as they are not getting their sofa until Wednesday.... maybe we should have all sat on their bed, all 11 of us!!! rofl

Today I went shopping (as always) and managed to get our Christmas turkey, all 9.6 kg of him. Also some christmas crackers so that is Christmas all organised.... NOT. Need to do our Christmas shop, but DH is late home from work tomorrow, Wednesday is school play night, Thursday is Church Club night, and Friday, well Fridays in Tesco does not bear thinking about along with all weekend, so that leads us to the following Monday which is only a week away from Christmas Eve....

Today I got a lush new kit from Scrapping Goodies, and an e-mail that at long last my new phone is going to arrive, 12 days late, but better late than never, I told my DD last Friday that if I topped up my old phone with credit it would finally turn up, and guess what, I was right!! DH also ordered my Christmas prezzies today, I added lots of stuff to wishlists and gave him a list of websites, my resolution for the new year is to learn to distress, so Christmas prezzies consists of lots and lots of this kind of stuff!!

Downloaded the trial version of the new cricut design studio on Friday night, and today I made a PEACE for above my lounge doorway for Christmas, could only use the 2 cartridges that came with the expression, but was so impressed I have ordered he full version. Well I do have 31 cartridges so wont be too limited in what I can do!!

Got most of my Chrissie Prezzies now, just need to wrap them (well actually I normally get DH to wrap them), so need to organise that before my dad visits next week.


Here are my projects I did today.....



After that really long post I will love you and leave you.... have a good evening xx

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love the Peace decoration and the card is Fab. Glad your phone turned up at last. I am not sure what the Cricuit design thing is but it looks like it makes some nice stuff.