Thursday 24 July 2008

Woohoo Holiday Time

We are off to sunny Brighton tomorrow (or thereabouts anyway) and my fave job of the year of towing our caravan there....(<----- sarcasm). Every year about this time we go off to Brighton to our Church conference, Christian Outreach Centre, and they have Pastors from their churches all over Europe and Asia meeting together for a really awesome time of worship and teachings etc.... Our Pastors are standing down from Church on Sunday (unfortunately we wont be there) and our new Pastors will be taking over, and whilst at Conference this year they will be Ordained, along with our brilliant Sunday School Teacher who will also become a Pastor, not sure if we are getting assistant Pastors or not so have covered that angle by making an extra card. So here is the card I made for the Pastors who are standing down as they are not sure now what they are going to do as they are at retirement age....



And the following cards are the same except I made 3 different colours, not sure yet what to put inside...


Ooooh so exciting....


Next project was to make the teachers at school some presents and cards, there is 1 teacher and 2 teaching assistants in two of my sons class and 2 teachers and 2 teaching assistants in my other sons class, so that was a total of 10 cards I had to make, the apple ones I made 4 of, one was slightly different to the rest as I didn't want both teachers in the same class to get exactly the same card and I made 3 each of the other 2 cards. Here they are...



I am now into decorating the inside of cards aswell as the outside so these took me quite a lot of time.


And here are the altered altoid tins I made for the teachers, I had to make 4 of these, I put antiseptic wipes and plasters into them and made them into little first aid kits that are nice to carry around in your handbag.



Have packed a small box of craft stash to take with me including all my new Stampin Up punches... ssssh dont tell anyone, hoping to get lots of images coloured whilst I am away, taking my prismacolour pencils and copic markers for this.

And if you were thinking of burgling my house whilst I am away, if you manage to sneak past my great dane and 2 other dogs, then I am sure my son who is staying here will get you.

Have a good week....xx

1 comment:

CRAFTERESA said...

I really love your eagle card with the Christian verse on the front
would you mind letting me know if the eagle and verse are stamps and where to get them from please or how you made the card
I think your work is fantastic Linda well done, I am amazed you find the time though???
God Bless You
Teresa x