Friday 18 July 2008

Phew.... Its Over

So I did my first Stampin Up Demo last night, didn't go too badly, but was a good learning curve for next time.... made some bits to show and we also had a make and take, so here goes...


I showed two different techniques for stamping, one I watercoloured, the other was coloured by dabbing chalk onto a versamarked image...

For my table I made this bucket which I filled with a cellophane packet of cookies tied with ribbon and gave the cookies to the girls at the party

Then next I did a make and take, I used Karin's from http://www.inlovewithstamping.com/ photo wallet tutorial for this, here is the outside of mine and the inside.....






I am loving these little photo wallets and am thinking of making some for my family when I have the time.....

Last but not least I made a little froggy paperclip, I got the idea from StampingCaz's blog...



Well last weekend DH took himself off to his garage for 2 days and was bang bang bang out there, I was banned from the vicinity, but Sunday night he came in with this.....


my very own storage for all my Stampin Up inkpads, by the end of the month I should have it full..... woohoo. Now it is very easy to pick out the colour I want to use and easy to tidy up again afterwards... he finished it off by writing on the top.... "Made With Love.."

Had an opticians appointment the other day and my eyes have deteriorated badly in the last 9 months... my "bad" eye which I had an operation on when I was 15 months old is very very shortsighted, by my other eye is very very longsighted. My "bad" eye has not got any worse, but my "good" eye has got even more long sighted which is making close up work difficult, so have had to order some new glasses.... DH had his eye appointment the day after and he also needs new glasses, but due to the fact the boys are always managing to bend his, he has ordered the ones that scrunch up in your hand and dont break.... how cool, can see the boys having hours of fun with those!! The children all have an eye appointment in August and it is going to take 3 hours to do them all.... eeeeek!!

It is DH's birthday tomorrow, cant say yet what I have got him, nor post a photo of his card, it has been really difficult making the card everytime he goes to the school to pick them up as he is always around when I am crafting.

Unfortunately although he had 2 interviews this week and the one he wanted, they spent a whole day trying to decide whether to have DH or this other guy, they eventually went for this other guy... boo!!! But he has another preliminary interview next Thursday and if he is successful he will get a second interview after that, unfortunately we are away the week after, so hopefully if he gets through they will wait until we get back.

Right, will be busy this weekend making gifts and some more cards for the teachers, there are 10 cards need making, one DS has two teachers and two teaching assistants, and the other 2 boys have a teacher and 2 teaching assistants. Also will be making altoid tins into first aid tins for the teachers, and the teaching assistants will get something in cellophane bags tied with ribbons and a tag (haven't decided what to put in them yet...lol), will post photos once they are all finished.

Need to clean our caravan in and out ready for next Friday, check the gas, sort out clothes... can see a busy week ahead, plus I told DD I would take her clothes shopping on Monday!!

Need to fly.... have a good evening all xx

1 comment:

voodoo vixen said...

Its always easier once you have the first demo under your belt! I love your bucket - it looks great, and your cards, beautiful.

Sorry to read about your eyes... hope new glases sort the problem - but it doesn't seem to stop you making great stuff! :)