Saturday 7 June 2008

Ooops missed a day again....

Had to make a card in a rush yesterday, DD's friend turned up about 5 minutes before they had to leave for school and asked if I had a boy card, I didn't have a suitable one, but managed to make one up in about 10 minutes.... here it is..

Magnolia Edwin image coloured using copic markers, star shape cut using nestabilities die and then embossed using swiss dots embossing folder, ribbon, sticky cheap stuff from stash, Happy Birthday rub on, Basic Grey, and the white circle shapes were stamped around the image using a Stampin Up set plus white brilliance ink. Finished and ready for school, she seemed to think it was okay, and definately a record for me, it usually takes me a few hours to make a card!! lol

Anyway, my 6 sets of stampin up stamps arrived from US, they are absolutely gorgeous, and were only posted on Monday and arrived Friday, so super speedy postage too. Obviously I buy the UK sets from UK but US sell many more sets that they dont sell over here, so I have to buy them from US too. So that is the last of my packages until my monthly US kit arrives around the 17th, ooops and the Magnolia stamps I ordered from Magnolia today.... rofl

Took a trip to The Range this afternoon as the boys asked me.... "why do you have all this crafting stuff and all I have is a glue stick and some card".... guilt trip I know, so we went out to buy them some bits, and some fell into my basket too... but I was really good, normally end up spending around £75 when I go there, but today it was only £22 so I was on my best behaviour, nearly put more paper etc in my basket but I could honestly set up a patterned paper shop here as I have so much!!

Went to Wetherspoons for lunch yesterday as it is just sooooo cheap there and as we dont get to eat until around 9.30pm because we are working it is nice to have something filling for lunch and it doesn't cost much more than a sandwich in Tesco.

What is it with the weather recently, cannot believe it is June already, it has been pouring down here all day, and has finally stopped (I think) but is just so wet everywhere, the grass grows so quickly and needs cutting all the time and I just want some sunshine and constant warm weather. Only 14 days until the longest day of the year, can you believe that.

Anyway, off to get ready for work, have a good evening all xx

3 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

you make beautiful work! :)

Marie Cramp said...

That is pretty darn good for a ten minute card. Keep up the good work.

Marie
scrappingworld.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Great 10 min card - all your work is gorgeous. I see your stash diet fell by the wayside LOL!