Monday 2 June 2008

My Band Pics

Went to see Boyzone last night at Wembley, had brilliant seats and could actually see them on stage properly, then as a finale they got on a moving platform and went past us so close by that we could almost touch them. Unfortunately my small camera has gone wrong and although my phone camera is supposed to be 6 million pixels it doesn't take a brilliant photo, so here is a taster of my evening with Boyzone...

Last went to see them in October (or may have been November) 1999 and they were just as good last night as they were then, maybe even better, hope they stick together for a while and do another tour next year. DD who is 20 came with me (cant let you go on your own Mum but everyone will take the mick) but she also loved it, said she would definately go see them again and even told her Uni friends where she had been and what a great time she had had.

Last Thursday we went to see the Rubettes (you know, Sugar Baby Love etc) and they were surprisingly good, they could play their instruments really well (something that is lacking with today's bands) and were very entertaining...

Next on stage were Sweet, remember them, Blockbuster, Ballroom Blitz etc.... well I didn't know that 2 of them were dead and there was only 1 remaining original member of Sweet, Andy Scott, but it was still good....


And last but not least came Showaddywaddy, still in their "Drapes and Crepes" and they used to be called and they were very entertaining too, I remember seeing them 15 years ago at Butlins in Skegness and they were absolutely brilliant entertainers.



So there we go, super busy week and now I am worn out and tired, so need to catch up on some sleep as my mojo seems to leave me when I am exhausted, and the awful weather does not help, when is our summer going to arrive.


Anyway, will leave you with a couple of cards I have made recently...


The idea for this one came from Monica's blog, a card that she had made with the same images and the scallop border. Patterned paper is Scenic Route, the images are from the Stampin Up Touch of Nature set and coloured in using copic markers. The pink card has been embossed using the cuttlebug swiss dots and the distressed look embossing folders, ovals were cut using my nestabilities dies, the sentiment was printed using my computer. The holey scallop border is made using the Fiskars border punch Threading Water. The photo corner was made using a doodle doo die.


The cardstock is hammered ivory card from the Papermill Shop. The "grow" swirl is from (I think) the Home Accents cricut cartridge, the flowers are from Walking in my Garden cricut cartridge. Doodles hand drawn around the edge, sentiment printed on computer and matted with cardstock, gems from stash.

So off to have a quiet night at home (after Beavers and Guides have finished at 8.30pm) first night in since last Wednesday.... hooray. Have a good evening everyone. xx

No comments: