Wednesday 28 May 2008

Two Days in a row... cant be bad

So this morning we all went for our Dentist check up, luckily all I needed was a de-scale and polish, and all but 2 children needed to treatment except for a de-scale, unfortunately 20 year old needed the most and she now needs to pay for her own treatment too.... maybe that will stop her eating so unhealthily!!! Doubt it!!
Caleb my grandson is now 10 days old and went for his weigh-in today, he has very nearly re-gained his birth weight so the hospital are pleased with him and they have both been discharged. DD has been having trouble with her new house, it keeps flooding when they use the bathroom, to say she is dis-pleased is an understatement so they had the plumber back Bank Holiday Monday and Tuesday and it finally seems to be fixed thank goodness, not good for her having stress of having to vax up water from her new carpets and dry them out with fans especially as baby was less than a week old when it first flooded. This also means that she can take her kittens home now, 2 of my cats had kittens, one had 4 and the other only had one, she is having one from each litter and we are keeping the rest, DH calls me cat lady!!! rofl
The new challenge is up at http://sweetsugarchallenges.blogspot.com/, check it out and leave a comment with a link to your entry, bit of a tricky one this week. Dont know quite how it happened but a couple of the new sugar nellie stamps fell into my basket yesterday, and they were dispatched today, unfortunately they normally take 2 days to get to me from the other end of the country, but fingers crossed for tomorrow anyway. You can buy sugar nellie stamps from http://www.funkykits.co.uk/.
My car has gone to have its MOT tomorrow, fingers crossed yet again (maybe I need to cross my legs too) that it will pass, especially as I am a bit limited tomorrow as to when I can pick it up, off to see Sweet, Showaddywaddy and Rubettes, really looking forward to it!! We are also having a meal at a restaurant first, well a Tapas restaurant as I loved the Tapas we had in Barcelona last year.
Here are a couple more cards that I have made.



The image is Sugar Nellie fisherman (from http://www.funkykits.co.uk/), the paper is Scenic Route, the scalloped edge was made using the Fiskars Threading Water border punch. The fish were cut using a quickutz die, the metal frame is from We R Memory Keepers, eyelets set into fish using my new Big Bite and sentiment printed on computer, brads from stash. The image was coloured using Prismacolour pencils, sansador and paper stumps.



This was the card I made for DD and Son in Law for their babies birth, image is a Tilda image, I had bought both the boy and girl one as they didn't want to know what they were having. Stars were cut using the Star Nestabilities and then embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder, the scallop edge again was made using the Fiskars Threading Water border punch. The congratulations was cut on the cricut but for the life of me I cannot remember which cartridge I used. The ribbon was from my stash, the paper is K&Co Hopscotch. The image was coloured using copic markers.



The image is from Stampin Up "Loads of Love" set, you can buy this from http://monicas-passions.blogspot.com/, the sentiment is also included in the set. The scallops are spellbinders nestabilities, the image was coloured in using copic markers, the flowers and ribbon was from my stash. The paper is Basic Grey Cupcake collection. Cardstock came from Papermill shop.


Just finished this one, paper is My Minds Eye, Kaleidascope collection, gromlets from We R Memory Makers, scalloped edge, Fiskars Threading Water border punch, sentiment is Hero Arts, stamping design is by Rachelle Anne Miller, you can buy these stamps at www.sirstampalot.co.uk, I have coloured them in using Prismacolour pencils, sansador and paper stumps. Ribbon from stash, small scallop edging was made using a circle scallop nestabilities die, check out Monica's blog http://monicas-passions.blogspot.com/ and watch her tutorial on how to make scallop edges using various methods.

I will be back tomorrow, c,ya all then xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fab cards. Great colours and layouts. Deb x