Saturday 31 May 2008

Ooops I forgot....

I remembered last night when I got home from work at about 10pm that I hadn't updated my blog.... was too tired after eating my chinese to do it, so here goes for todays one...

Have received lots of stash lately and still have more to come, yesterday I got my Stampin Up parcel from Monica, (http://monicas-passions.blogspot.com/) I am buying 12 ink pads a month and the matching cardstock, plus a little extra, this month it was a stamp-a-ma-jig so that I can get my images stamped in the right places. I also received my new Sugar Nellie stamps yesterday along with a little freebie one which was very welcome, thank you Karen from http://www.funkykits.co.uk/. Today I received my prize from SarahsCards (http://www.sarahscardsltd.com/), a gorgeous card kit which my daughters are already trying to steal from me, plus my new Tim Holtz bits from http://www.craftobsessions.co.uk/, sprockets, jump rings, ball chain, hanging clip things and a new cuttlebug embossing folder. I have had an email from a lady in US who I buy my Stampin Up stamps from that they dont sell in the UK and she has my 6 sets which she will be posting out to me Monday, have also had a dispatch e-mail from a place in france where I have bought some new stamp pads and stamps too, so look forward to receiving them next week.

Haven't made any new cards since Thursday as DD sprung it on me that she needed another 10 thank you cards made which made the total 25, all finished now, so will get on with some making of my own.... Here is the thank you card I made...


I changed one of the photographs I had taken of Caleb (my new grandson) and changed it to black and white, cut out a white square and blue scalloped square using nestabilities dies, ribbon from stash, computer generated sentiment, gems from stash and the base of the card was made using a cuttlebug embossing folder.... quite simple (glad about that as she needed 25). Teamed them up with pale blue envelopes and now everyone who bought baby Caleb a gift gets a lasting reminder of him too.

A couple more cards that I have made recently.


Paper was Basic Grey Two Scoops, scallop made using Fiskars Threading Water border punch. Sentiment is a rub on from Timeless Transfers, green flower is a prima flower, blue flower is from my new Petaloo Dahlia Box Blends, lace and brad from stash.

This card was made for my daughters 15th birthday, paper is Basic Grey Cupcake, buttons are also matching Basic Grey Cupcake, circles cut from nestabilities dies, cupcake cut from a sizzix cupcake die, gems from stash. Cardstock was Bazzill card.

Off to create, although I am helping at Sunday School tomorrow so need to swot up on what we are doing there... have a good day all xx

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Linda,

Caleb is gorgeous and so is the card. I haven't been on UKS for ages, I have now posted not sure I like the new layout though. The emails used to remind me to post as well.